From: Ian & Judy Jenkins
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 9:01 AM
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Sonic Speed

Hi , me again. We have the B & G sonic speed on our SM. Worked perfectly for 30,000 miles but this season either worked perfectly or showed between 0.2 and 0.3 k. The log and Apparent/True wind speed followed suit. All three displays, one analog and two digital, worked in sync, so its not a display unit problem
The local B & G man here in Trini thinks we may have moisture in one of the sensors. He is going to test it to see ( there is some resistance measurement you can carry out but he needs to get the figures from B & G HQ).
If his diagnosis is correct he says that replacing the sensors is a difficult job, involving a certain amout of grinding back on the hull. If this is so, I will wait to have it done by Pochon in Guadeloupe.
My question is: Has anyone else suffered this fault or had to replace their Sonic Speed sensors and if so what was the procedure? I have also asked Olivier for his comments and will post them.
Fair winds, Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Crew's Inn ,Trinidad

All new Live Search at Live.com

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000006ukm/direct/01/