Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Copper-Coat AntiFouling

Red1 Stella SM359

Hello,

I made the choice to go for copper coat, I will surely give feedback over the next few years.
I have read so many various feedback it made my head spin, however I decided to give it a try and provide feedback for other owners.

Redouan
Stella SM359
Portimao

On 16 Feb 2018, at 18:27, Ian Park parkianj@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

You have to ensure copper coat is continually stirred while applying otherwise it may not work so well. Best advice is do it yourself. Advantages are it is an epoxy coat on top of your gel coat. You only have to jet wash and light sand prior to re launch. No build up of layers of anti foul. If you encounter any slime or shell you can use stainless steel scrubbers or paint scrapers while in the water.
It works for us but understand it’s not everyone’s choice.

Ian
Ocean Hobo SN96