Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Spurs Line cutter Size

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Hello Bob,
Here are my Spurs invoices.
You will see the ship name and my name.
You will also see 1.1/2” Type B.

Complete unit May 2015
http://www.nikimat.com/factures/2015_03_18_spurs_2.jpg

Reconditioning of the unit I had onboard and spare half in March 2015
http://www.nikimat.com/factures/2015_03_18_spurs_1.jpg

Then in September 2013 14 x rebuilt kit
http://www.nikimat.com/factures/2013_09_17_SPURS_MARINE.pdf

Sincerely, Alexandre

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Spurs Line cutter Size
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, February 19, 2018, 12:50 PM

We are in the process of purchasing a spare Spurs
Cutter.  When we were in Turkey we had to pay (national
distributor in Istanbul) about the same amount as an entire
unit costs in the US.
We have been doing some research on
the diameter size (we are away from our boat in Malta).
Many Super Maramu's are reporting that they have used
1.5", we have also seen 38mm and 35mm in the group.
Spurs is able to look up orders by last name so I found a
few that were 1.5" then had them look up Eric
Freedman--they only use last name.  On his they show 38mm
and Bryony told me that was an very unusual and custom
size.  If produced and was wrong could not be returned.
38 mm is 1.49606" or 4/1000" larger than38mm.
She informed me that if there was a problem I could return
it for exchange.
Anyone have THE definitive
answer?
Bob and