From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2018 2:59 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Raymarine Ray240 VHF

Our VHF has a history of not working for completely inexplicable reasons.  It will receive but will not send, even at very close ranges.  It will work for a time and then not work for a time.  Thank goodness I bought a handheld for a backup.

It doesn't seem like it could be the antenna.  We listened to the USCG Charleston SC when we were at the FL/GA border, almost two hundred miles away (they must have a very tall antenna)

I'm planning on replacing it (after all, it's 12 years old), but thought I would see if there was a simple repair answer.

If you replaced it, what did you pick?

Thanks,

Duane

Wanderer, SM#477