From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2018 9:30 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Transmission and c drive question please.

The fun has just started!  Thank you Craig for confirming my suspicions!!!  I really appreciate you and this group.

Porter

Excuse the errors.

Sent from my IPhone

On Feb 26, 2018, at 10:03 AM, sangaris@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Porter,

Assuming the 54 is configured like the SM and SN's, no, you'll need to uncouple the engine from the C drive and slide the engine back remove the tranny.  While you could remove the C drive top cover, you still would not be able to remove the drive shaft (still coupled to the tranny) as it goes through the "trumpet" housing.

Have fun,

Craig Briggs, SN#68

---In amelyachtowners@..., <portermcroberts@...> wrote :

To get the transmission off the front of the engine.
Can one raise the cap off the c drive?
The c drive gearbox?