Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] INSURANCE update - still asking me to pay premium after boat sunk.

Hello Alexandre,

I feel for you.

However, insurance companies all act as you are witnessing first hand.

Best of luck,

Jean-Pierre Germain
SY Eleuthera, SM 007.

On 28 Feb 2018, at 08:13, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Good morning,

Even thought I said I would wait the insurance issue to be solved to post the entire story, I have to post what is going on now and again URGE ALL OF YOU to reread their insurance policies.

January 5, my insurance sent me a letter saying I was late to pay the insurance premium (due by November 2017).
Prior the January 5 letter I never received any letter, email, etc. asking to renew the insurance which seems logical since NIKIMAT sunk September 6 and was declared soon after a total loss by the insurance…

Despite a letter from my lawyer, the insurance just sent me another letter yesterday threatening to “sue” me because I still haven’t paid the premium.

They insist I still owe the premium and sent me the articles they are basing themselves (that is in French).

I suspect they refer to article 8.4.4
“en cas de perte totale, vol totale et délaissement de votre bateau assure”.
(in short: in case of total loss so my case)
THEN it says:
“L’assurance prend fin de plein droit le jour ou l’indemnite correspondante vous sera réglée”.
(in short it says the insurance will stop the day I will be reimbursed for the boat).
So in other words, as long as the insurance is not settled, I still owe the insurance ?!? Seriously? Crazy.

Since they are offering 75% of the agreed value and my lawyer is suing them to collect the full amount and the insurance wait each time “1 month” to reply a message (just like they did to me in Nassau) this can take several months possibly years (since I am still not fully reimburse from the accident in Nassau over 3 years ago).

For information, my lawyer told me NOT TO PAY that premium.

Bandits, crooks, dishonest, gangsters, etc. are the words that come to my head now.

Sincerely, Alexandre

<2018_02_19_assurance bateau  001.jpg><2018_02_28_Scan.jpg>