Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] INSURANCE update - still asking me to pay premium after boat sunk.

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

They never let up do they. You will need to remind us who this company is.

Kind Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 01 March 2018 at 02:13 "Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Good morning,

Even thought I said I would wait the insurance issue to be solved to post the entire story, I have to post what is going on now and again URGE ALL OF YOU to reread their insurance policies.

January 5, my insurance sent me a letter saying I was late to pay the insurance premium (due by November 2017).
Prior the January 5 letter I never received any letter, email, etc. asking to renew the insurance which seems logical since NIKIMAT sunk September 6 and was declared soon after a total loss by the insurance…

Despite a letter from my lawyer, the insurance just sent me another letter yesterday threatening to “sue” me because I still haven’t paid the premium.

They insist I still owe the premium and sent me the articles they are basing themselves (that is in French).

I suspect they refer to article 8.4.4
“en cas de perte totale, vol totale et délaissement de votre bateau assure”.
(in short: in case of total loss so my case)
THEN it says:
“L’assurance prend fin de plein droit le jour ou l’indemnite correspondante vous sera réglée”.
(in short it says the insurance will stop the day I will be reimbursed for the boat).
So in other words, as long as the insurance is not settled, I still owe the insurance ?!? Seriously? Crazy.

Since they are offering 75% of the agreed value and my lawyer is suing them to collect the full amount and the insurance wait each time “1 month” to reply a message (just like they did to me in Nassau) this can take several months possibly years (since I am still not fully reimburse from the accident in Nassau over 3 years ago).

For information, my lawyer told me NOT TO PAY that premium.

Bandits, crooks, dishonest, gangsters, etc. are the words that come to my head now.

Sincerely, Alexandre