Hydra 2000 internal batteries

Duane Siegfri

I just found out that the Hydra 2000 has two internal batteries in the Hydra Processor, probably connected to the PCB (printed circuit board).  I've seen this on NKE equipment before.  The processor stores calibration data that the user inputs or that it calculates and the way Hydra maintains that data is to connect batteries to maintain the (EPROM ??) memory.

So, if you have a problem with the Hydra "forgetting" your calibration data, it's probably the internal batteries.  The NKE had a calculator type battery soldered into the PCB (the pancake shaped one).  I'm going to have a local electronics shop take a look at it.

Duane

Wanderer, SM#477