Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] OLDER MARAMU RUDDER REMOVAL

James Alton

Miles, Christian and Alex,

   I see that Oliver Beaute has kindly replied to the question about removing the rudder on an older Maramu.  I am not sure why it is not showing in this thread but you can find the response at:  https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/amelyachtowners/conversations/messages/38561   .  I have added his response to my growing Maramu database.

Thank you Oliver.

James Alton
SV Sueño
Maramu #220

On Mar 1, 2018, at 7:40 AM, 'smilesbernard@...' smilesbernard@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Christian
I'd also be really interested in the step by step details if you find them
Many thanks in advance
Miles

On Thursday, March 1, 2018, 12:32:22 PM GMT, christian alby calbyy@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Good day to you

Yes toucan
Did it when refurbishing Desirade VIII Maramu 116 in 2016
Will send copies of drawings showing how it is built (guess copies are in files somewhere)
I will check old topics as I remember detailing a step by step at the time.
Fair wind

Christian alby Desirade VIII Maramu 116 - le Marin Martinique

Le jeu., mars 1, 2018 à 12:15, alex.paquin@... [amelyachtowners]
<amelyachtowners@...> a écrit :

Good morning to all,

Has anyone in this group ever removed the rudder from an Older Maramu? Is this possible?

Alex Paquin

SIMPATICO

Older Maramu #94, 1981