Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Hydra 2000 internal batteries

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Duane,

Did you receive my reply to your direct-to- me email?

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mar 2, 2018 00:56, "sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I just found out that the Hydra 2000 has two internal batteries in the Hydra Processor, probably connected to the PCB (printed circuit board).  I've seen this on NKE equipment before.  The processor stores calibration data that the user inputs or that it calculates and the way Hydra maintains that data is to connect batteries to maintain the (EPROM ??) memory.

So, if you have a problem with the Hydra "forgetting" your calibration data, it's probably the internal batteries.  The NKE had a calculator type battery soldered into the PCB (the pancake shaped one).  I'm going to have a local electronics shop take a look at it.

Duane

Wanderer, SM#477