Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: [Amel] Amel 54 Heating

Peter Forbes

Bill,

Thanks for that - I’ll take a look.

Peter

Peter Forbes
00447836 209730

On 1 Mar 2018, at 22:33, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Peter,

They are speaking of the "Forced Air Ventilation." Look under your companionway steps between the first and second steps. Is there a round black plastic vent? If yes, you have it, if no, more money to install.

Good luck.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mar 2, 2018 09:27, "Peter Forbes ppsforbes@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill,

Amel just told me €12,000 and that only if we have “ provision for heating ducts in place.i have no idea whether we have those provisions or not. Sadly I suspect not - so it could be even more.

Any thoughts?

Peter

Peter Forbes
00447836 209730

On 1 Mar 2018, at 20:28, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Peter,

Be careful in comparison of Amels that aren't exactly  as your 54. And, it may be best to  check with Amel. It would be much more pleasant to sail back to the tropics😀😀😀.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mar 2, 2018 01:32, "Peter Forbes ppsforbes@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Does anyone have a price estimate for retrofitting a heater system on an Amel 54?

Peter Forbes
0044 7836 209730
Carango  Sailing Ketch
Amel 54 #035
In Marigot Bay
St Lucia

On 3 Sep 2013, at 13:24, Tony Robinson <tonywrobinson51@...> wrote:

Has anyone retrofitted a diesel heating system to an Amel 54 ? I was wondering if it is possible, and how expensive it might be.

Tony Robinson

Catriona R Amel 54 #102