Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: [Amel] Amel 54 Heating

eric freedman

Peter,

On my 53 Kimberlite we had a fresh air system that took fresh air from the cockpit and blew it into the aft cabin, the main cabin , and the forward cabin.

It was relatively easy to install an espar heater into this system.

If you do not have a fresh air system , adding the ductwork, I believe , would be a nightmare.

I bought my espar from a company in England  on eBay. It was a complete heater including the installation kit.

I see it on eBay now for $2360- US

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Eberspacher-Espar-Airtronic-D5-12v-5-5kW-Diesel-Night-Truck-Boat-Air-Heater-Kit/261359134974?hash=item3cda37e8fe:g:vxwAAMXQVERStvZS&vxp=mtr

You just have to order the 24 volt unit- same price.

They are very helpful  and deliver the unit so quickly it is amazing.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376