Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Extra halyard???

Ian Townsend

We have that halyard also. In addition to potentially lifting the dinghy (though there are other halyards that can be used for this purpose), I was thinking it was to raise the storm staysail. If not, then perhaps someone can enlighten me as to what would raise it. It certainly would not go to the masthead.

Ian Townsend
S/V Loca Lola II
SM153
George Town, Exuma, Bahamas.

On Mar 1, 2018, at 8:51 PM, sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I have an odd halyard that goes up to the first spreader.  The previous owner had looped some heavy line around the lower spreaders and hung a block from it which has a halyard in it.

I don't know the reason for it.  #477 came stock with a 3rd main mast halyard (top of mast) for the gennaker (original equipment, it's in the Amel book).  The third main mast halyard would be fine for raising a dinghy so why the odd additional halyard at the spreader?

Duane

Wanderer, SM#477