Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Extra halyard???

Mark Erdos

Oh! This discussion is so timely! I hope you are all talking about the halyard that runs through the block about halfway up the front side of the main mast? This is the double block with just one side used for the mystery halyard?

I too have wondered what is the purpose of this and basically filed it under the “I’ll figure it out, one day” category.

But to complicate things further, we had only ONE extra halyard there. The other side was empty. Then, we had some work done by Amel and they removed our headsail furling motor. When, they were done, they installed yet another halyard. So, now we have TWO halyards (one of each side of this block) about which I ponder the purpose of. These are in addition to the two lifting halyards for the twin pole system.

It’s still filed in the same category but it might be nice to know the answer sooner rather than later.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Guadeloupe

www.creampuff.us