Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mizzen balloner

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Den,

It works, and you need some hands-on help.

But, the best advice I can give you is have a sailmaker put that sail in a sock, and only use the sail when the wind is between 90 and 120 degrees.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 9:28 AM, delborn@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Although we have owned Aventura for a couple of seasons I  got the mizzen staysail out of the bag for the first time last season. Probably never used by the previous owner as it seemed brand new.

Mt question is how is the best way to fly it. If I have it on the leeward side of the main then the main becomes useless, cannot let it out enough, and if I fly it to windward of the main the tack rope is too short, the main sheet is fouled. Obviously I can lengthen the tack rope but I agree with Bill that Amel get pretty well everything right so what am I doing wrong?

Den and Julie

Aventura

Amel 54 - 113