Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Main Sail Furler

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Pat,

heating in an oven does work, both for removing and refitting bearings.

Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 04 March 2018 at 01:59 "Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Duane, I had decided to leave the old race in, but I just used a torch on it , maybe I will put it in the oven. It seems the race would expand as well as the casing for 0 net effect. However the aluminum would expand faster as it conducts heat better than steel.

Thanks,
Pat