Toe rail / Genoa Track Repair

alanwood123@...

Hi all..

The family and I (3 kids) are now six months into owning and living aboard our 1997 SM#189 in Lefkas, Greece and getting our teeth into lots of maintenance! First of all I'd like to thank all those who have contributed to the forums both here and on Facebook.. it's been very informative and immeasurably helpful and I fully intend to contribute my own insights/photos/videos.. when I get a moment!

So first off.. after copious amounts of rain over the last few months I noticed this swelling and cracking of the gelcoat and what looks like rust marks on the toe rail under the genoa track. The underside of this is at the back of the galley cupboard (left of the microwave).

A couple of opinions/insights please, before I go at it like a bull in a china shop:

  • What's the best way to remove the lining from the back of the cupboard to inspect the underside of the toe rail - just peel it all out or cut the area I need to inspect ..?
  • What is the best way to remove the nylon screws from the track without stripping them - tried screwdriver and they're stuck fast ..?

Thanks in advance..

Woody

https://www.youtube.com/c/mothershipadrift