Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] halyard extensions

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

During off-season, or other periods of non-use, the main and mizzen on the SM are routinely left furled inside the mast with halyards eased, while the genoa is dropped and stored inside the boat.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mar 10, 2018 11:10, "Ryan Meador ryan.d.meador@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi all,
I've been looking at replacing some of my running rigging, and the thread on this list from this morning titled "Recommended Sailmaker in The Bahamas" got me thinking... why does the jib not have a halyard extension?  On my boat, both the main and mizzen are set up with an extension, and looking at the rigging specs available in the uploaded files for this list, that appears normal.  Do we know why Amel decided not to do the same for the jib?  Has anyone modified this to use an extension?

Thanks,
Ryan
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA