Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Inability To Remove Port Side Genoa Gearbox

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Good morning Barry,

I was just going to ask you if you received the parts!
Excellent glad that it fit perfectly on the boat!

Here is the link, http://www.nikimat.com/parts_for_sale/
but my list is not up to date…
Lots of the Onan MDKAL parts are gone.

Not listed:
2 used” the Leroy Sommer transmission as well as 1 electric motor.
1 fan 24 Volt engine room
Like new Mizzen sail, used Main and Genoa.
New strainer, o ring and cover for strainer!
used (Amel) cover for strainer.
I really need to go over the list.
Sincerely, Alexandre

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Inability To Remove Port Side Genoa Gearbox
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, March 11, 2018, 4:27 AM

Hi Alexandre,Just to let you know I got
the Spurs kit/gear and now back on our boat. It is perfect
just what I wanted and like new as you described. Thank’s
again, could you send me the link to your list of gear that
you still have for sale.Best
Regards,
Barry and
Penny Connor“Lady Penelope II”Amel
54.  # 17Marina di Ragusa,  Sicily

Sent from my
iPhone
On Mar 11, 2018, at 03:14,
Porter McRoberts portermcroberts@yahoo.com
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
wrote:

Alexandre,And Bill my
apologies. I lost the drum off the starboard
mast Lewmar46 chrome on brass 2 speed winch on passage and
am looking for a replacement.
If anyone has either a replacement drum or
entire winch I’d be interested.
Many thanks,
Porter
McRobertsIbisAmel 54-152
Excuse the errors.
 Sent from my IPhone Www.fouribis.com
On Mar 10, 2018, at 5:26 PM, Alexandre Uster
von Baar uster@rocketmail.com
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
wrote:

Hello Bill,

For information, if you can not have the issue solved, I
have an complete Leewmar 58 electric winch for sale.

Sincerely, Alexandre

On Sat, 3/10/18, pacificcool@yahoo...com
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
wrote:

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Inability To Remove Port Side
Genoa Gearbox

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com

Date: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 1:45 PM

For the past year and a half, Pacific

Cool (SM 141 built in 1995) has had a port side genoa
winch

that works electrically, but is drawing 160 amps versus
30

amp for the starboard winch. Technicians in Cape Town
and

Trinidad tried to remove the gear box with a hydraulic

puller but it would not budge.  Recently, I removed the

motor which drives the gearbox and it seems to be in
good

condition, so I assume its the gearbox which has a

bad bearing or is

really gunked up.  There appear to be four nuts

holding the gearbox to the underside of the winch and a
gear

inserts up into the winch which prevents complete

disassembly of the winch itself.  Two days ago the
winch

stopped working electrically, but I can hear the motor

turning with no movement of the winch.  It still works

manually.  I checked with AMEL in Martinique last year
and

they had no clue what to do.

At this point it seems the best

thing to do is sell the boat.  But hopefully someone has

good idea on what to do.  Any ideas welcome.  I am

currently in Guadeloupe.

Best

Regards,Bill

ShaproskiS/V Pacific