Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: new Genoa

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

David,

I think that you agree that the most important thing about a genoa for the SN, SM, 54, 55, & 64 is that the sail fit the downwind pole system, unique to each model.

I have read all of this discussion and I do not believe that I saw mention of that.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

None of the genoas in the Amel sailplans are 150%. The overlap percentage is calculated by this equation - LP/J. LP is a line forming a 90 degree angle with the luff and terminating at the clew. Most Amel genoas exceed 160% using the measurements on the factory sailplans.