Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Inability To Remove Port Side Genoa Gearbox

eric freedman

Hi Bill,

Did you receive my winch photos?

I would try squirting PB blaster on the shaft of the motor , it will be messy, but hopefully it will

eventually seep down to the keyway.

Where are you attaching the gear puller?

Do you have bolts on the bottom of the gearbox?

If so I would try taking the gearbox apart.

Did you remove the bolts on the top of the mounting disk that holds the motor to the base plate.

The bolts on the bottom of the disk cannot be removed from the baseplate with the motor in place.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376