Re: Heading Sensor vs. Solid State Compass???

Duane Siegfri

Wow!  Lot's of great information/interest.

I spoke to Airmar today and they told me the compass in the 220WX is the same as the GH2183, which had a great review from one of the sailing magazines.

I also spoke to them about the DX900+ (a transducer that is solid state depth/boatspeed/temperature with no paddlewheel).  I was told that they recommend against anti-foul, but that the unit is inherently anti-foul by material selection...  That sounds a bit hokey to me, but I'm thinking that it's not a big deal to pull it prior to a bottom scrape or every three months to give it a rub.

Duane