Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Placement of EV-1 sensor for Raymarine EV-400 autopilot

Thomas Peacock

We put in the exact system two years ago. While I had some concern about the proximity to the salon air conditioning unit and freezer, I did place the EV unit in the corner behind the settee, aft. The old flux gate is same location but in forward corner. We have had no problems.
Tom Peacock
SM  240 Aletes
Isles des Saintes

On Mar 14, 2018, at 9:55 AM, dbv_au@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Greetings all,

We are supplementing/replacing our existing Raymarine 400(G) autopilot to a Raymarine Evolution (EV-400), re-using the linear drive and rudder reference units.

Basis: improve reliability and redundancy going forward; eliminate some RF interference that the Furuno IF-NMEA-2K2 NMEA 183<->2000 data converter is introducing.  [This converter is used to take wind & nav info off the N2K bus and send it to existing 400G (which can only accept NMEA-183); also takes NMEA-183 heading data from the 400G (fluxgate compas & rate gyro) and puts it onto N2K bus for the chartplotter & radar.]

Does anyone already have the EV-400 with the EV-1 Sensor Core (the white dome thingey that looks a little like the starship enterprise)?  If so, where did you place the EV-1 sensor unit?

Thanks in anticipation,

David

SV Perigee SM#396

On Anchor, Sint Maarten