GPS Antenna below deck?

Duane Siegfri

In tracing down the wiring on the boat I've found another GPS antenna!

It provides position data to the ACR Nauticast B AIS.  It was installed in the ceiling space above the midship cabin (just fwd of the aft cabin), attached with silicone to the overhead, and it had fallen over and must have been rolling around up there in a heavy sea.

We've always had good results from the Nauticast so I'm likely to leave it there, unless there's a good reason not to?   Of course I'll improve the mounting situation.

I'd appreciate your thoughts.