Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] GPS Antenna below deck?

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Good afternoon Duane,

sorry to read about your washing machine problem…

Regarding the extra GPS antenna, I had one at the same location.
More precisely as you remove the top access of the roof, it next to the big starboard winch, like a disc looking.
I was explained mine was in case of emergency (should I press an alarm in case of attack) this is how the ship would be tracked.
I did not continue the service as it was required to send the old antenna to be upgraded or reconfigured.
Then another was GPS antenna was installed next to that one, it was for the radio

Sincerely, Alexandre

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] GPS Antenna below deck?
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Friday, March 16, 2018, 2:04 PM

In tracing down the wiring on the boat
I've found another GPS antenna!
It provides position data
to the ACR Nauticast B AIS.  It was installed in the
ceiling space above the midship cabin (just fwd of the aft
cabin), attached with silicone to the overhead, and it had
fallen over and must have been rolling around up there in a
heavy sea.
We've always had good results
from the Nauticast so I'm likely to leave it there,
unless there's a good reason not to?   Of course
I'll improve the mounting situation.
I'd appreciate your thoughts.