Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Alternating hot and cold water in showers

philipp.sollberger@...

Hi Mohammed,

Thank's a lot for your suggestions. The hot water plumbing route is more restricted than the cold water. This can be a understandable case. I have never thought about it. I will have a look tomorrow and on Monday I will ask also the AMEL guys here in La Rochelle.
First I will examine if the pressure decreased during winter pause in the water tubes. If this would be the case, then I think, I should have the same effect also on all other water taps as in galley, sinks in the bathroom and so one.

Many thanks for all these good suggestions which give me a funny Sunday job. Let's hope, that I will find the solution.

Fair winds,

Philipp

---In amelyachtowners@..., <mshirloo@...> wrote :

Hello Philipp;

I'm not familiar with the exact plumbing on a SM. However, since most plumbing should be similar, I can think of two possibilities:

  1. The hot water plumbing route is more restricted than the cold. This could be anywhere in the lines, the water heater, etc. Therefore when the pump is running and you have increased pressure in the water system, there is more pressure in the cold water line than the hot. This would result in more cold water pressure at the shower valve, resulting in colder water.
  2. If the shower valve has been changed to an anti- scald one, the anti-scald mechanism may be failing. I believe this to be less likely.
Keep in my mind that I am not familiar with the SM plumbing and systems in any way. These are just a couple of general suggestions.

Respectfully;
Mohammad and Aty
B&B Kokomo
Amel 54 #099