From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2018 11:45 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] SM rudder bonding

Hey all -

Wondering if anyone can shed some insight on the SM rudder bonding setup. I've seen the diagrams however, if anyone has experienced or repaired what I am about to describe it would be greatly appreciated for future reference.

My starboard anode no longer threads into the hole provided. I assume the threads are completely stripped. Port side is still good and is working properly. My initial thought for an easy fix would be to re-tap a larger size thread. I think currently it is M10x1.25 with a 17mm hex head. Maybe a M12 tap (if possible)?

Thoughts?

Kind Regards,

Bill Maffei

SM#195