Re: \Generator speed vs frequency

Herbert Lackner

Craig,

we have an Fischer Panda 4000i with a 1 cylinder kubota engine, 4kw.  Initial it had fixed RPM ~2900 but two years ago I upgraded it with a variable speed option (step motor that pushes the throttle depending on the load), now it turns between 2400 and 2900, depending on the load.  normally it runs with low speed because normal load is 1 to 2 kw, so it runs with ~2500. It runs more silent now and only uses ~0,5l diesel per hour compared to ~0.8l we used before.

herbert
SN120, KALI MERA, on the hard in Shelter Bay