Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Do you want a spare Linear Actuator control board?

mfmcgovern@...

In an odd coincidence, I was working on a making a replacement PCB for the Bowthruster Linear Actuator before Duane made this post. I didn't want to say something about it on the forum until I actually had one completed and tested on my boat though I did reach out to Duane through an intermediary to let him know that I was already in the process of making a replacement. I finally finished the successful testing of the prototype this past weekend.

And here is a link to a video of the bowthruster being lowered and raised back up using the the prototype PCB: https://drive.google.com/file/d/107vwBIrFxJI3APtEOF7hsBGKZMM6B8lP/view?usp=drivesdk

The PCB design mimics the original one in my SM #440 as much as possible. It has a 10 amp fuse and the traces are all sized larger than the original PCB. I used the original components wherever I could. So far I've made only the one board, but if anyone else is interested, I can readily make more within a few weeks and can offer them for sale at $250 each (plus shipping) with a 3 year warranty. You can contact me at mfmcgovern at gmail.com if you are interested.

I hope this helps some of you. My next project is to attempt to make a drop in replacement for my non-functioning chain counter display unit. I expect this one will be a bit more difficult but I will let you know if and when it is done!

Regards,
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara
Deale, MD USA