Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Do you want a spare Linear Actuator control board?

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Mark,

Congratulations! This is really very good news for All SM owners that have electronic sensors on their bow thrusters.

If I still owned BeBe, I would buy one today for several reasons: 1.) The PCB on BeBe #387 was NOT protected by a fuse. 2.) Sooner or later, possibly every SM will need one of these and without Amel supporting it, we have few choices.

Maybe you should think about the Amel electronic chain counter as your next project.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 4:27 PM, mfmcgovern@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

In an odd coincidence, I was working on a making a replacement PCB for the Bowthruster Linear Actuator before Duane made this post. I didn't want to say something about it on the forum until I actually had one completed and tested on my boat though I did reach out to Duane through an intermediary to let him know that I was already in the process of making a replacement. I finally finished the successful testing of the prototype this past weekend.

And here is a link to a video of the bowthruster being lowered and raised back up using the the prototype PCB: https://drive.google.com/file/d/107vwBIrFxJI3APtEOF7hsBGKZMM6B8lP/view?usp=drivesdk

The PCB design mimics the original one in my SM #440 as much as possible. It has a 10 amp fuse and the traces are all sized larger than the original PCB. I used the original components wherever I could. So far I've made only the one board, but if anyone else is interested, I can readily make more within a few weeks and can offer them for sale at $250 each (plus shipping) with a 3 year warranty. You can contact me at mfmcgovern at gmail.com if you are interested.

I hope this helps some of you. My next project is to attempt to make a drop in replacement for my non-functioning chain counter display unit. I expect this one will be a bit more difficult but I will let you know if and when it is done!

Regards,
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara
Deale, MD USA