Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Do you want a spare Linear Actuator control board?
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Sunday, March 18, 2018, 4:27 PM

In an odd coincidence, I was working on a making a
replacement PCB for the Bowthruster Linear Actuator before
Duane made this post. I didn't want to say something
about it on the forum until I actually had one completed and
tested on my boat though I did reach out to Duane through an
intermediary to let him know that I was already in the
process of making a replacement. I finally finished the
successful testing of the prototype this past weekend.

I uploaded some pics of the prototype PCB on the forums
here:

And here is a link to a video of the bowthruster being
lowered and raised back up using the the prototype PCB:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/107vwBIrFxJI3APtEOF7hsBGKZMM6B8lP/view?usp=drivesdk

The PCB design mimics the original one in my SM #440 as much
as possible. It has a 10 amp fuse and the traces are all
sized larger than the original PCB. I used the original
components wherever I could. So far I've made only the
one board, but if anyone else is interested, I can readily
make more within a few weeks and can offer them for sale at
$250 each (plus shipping) with a 3 year warranty. You can
contact me at mfmcgovern at gmail.com if you are interested.

I hope this helps some of you. My next project is to
attempt to make a drop in replacement for my non-functioning
chain counter display unit. I expect this one will be a bit
more difficult but I will let you know if and when it is
done!

Regards,

Mark McGovern

SM #440 Cara