Re: Rats!

Paul Osterberg

We have had a rat aboard on one of our previous boats, We notice one morning that it had eaten on all apples and most of the tomato’s. Obviously it had walked maybe 15 m on our stern line ( med mooring) aboard our vessel. We had it aboard for a few days before we got hold of a rat trap then We manage to caugt it with a standard spring rat trap rather easy.
From now one we always carry a rat trap. In the med we have on more than one occasion noticed  rat droppings in the cockpit, fortunately the rat has not been able to penetrate our moskito net. Have not thought of protecting the “entrance” behind the Amel logo.
Paul on SY Kerpa SM 259