Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Rats!

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi,

Some years ago we were anchored at a Pacific Island (forget which) and we were approached by an owner from a nearby boat. He had a rat aboard his rather scruffy boat and wanted help with ideas of how to catch/remove said rat. He had tried traps and every thing else he could think of. We suggested the sticky trap popular as a household trap in the pacific and available at food stores. It is a board with adhesive on it. You place the bait in the middle. The rat walks on to it to get the bait and gets stuck. Then you pick up the board and dispose of the rat. I have seen it work in land base Bure accommodation. He had tried that. In the morning he found a sheet of paper over the adhesive and the bait gone. Now that was some rat!!

Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 25 March 2018 at 13:35 "Trifin trifin@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote: