Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bowthruster spinning

ya_fohi

Bob,

After thinking long and hard about the two different approaches (your's and Amel's), what I did was to not drop the thruster but to simply disconnect all the electrical connections and dismount the connector block from the side of the motor which gave me enough access to the difficult Allen bolt so that I could remove it with an ordinary Allen key. I was then able to lift the motor free from the thruster and remove the flexible coupling which was cracked and had two of the grub screws fallen out.

Cheers,
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98