Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Rats!

Paul Osterberg

Duane!
Rats typically move close to the wall and avoid open space. When we had a rat aboard we caught him already the first night when we finally got a real spring rat trap.
We took away all rat goodies we could find. and set the trap with what we know rats likes, actually they like thing like mars bars or cheese.
We put the trap in the galley bench along  the "wall"  then we put some obstruction along the wall to make some kind of a corridor the rat has to pas along to reach the goodies. We then took hide in the cock pit, after ca 10 minutes we heard the rat running along in the cabin.  Snapp the trap gone but no rat, as the rat came from the wrong direction in the corridor, we amended the corridor to a one way and in the second attempt we got him
Good luck
Paul on SY Kerpa SM#259