Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow Thruster Motor Bearing SM

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Good afternoon Soraya & Thomas,

Back in March 6, 2011 I saved an email sent from Gary to Gianni regarding the Bearing on the Electric Motor of the Bow Thruster.

Here is what it says:

the bearing in the base of the motor that supports the spline shaft is an NSK 6204VV bearing. Evidently the 6204 bearing size is very common and the VV means that the bearing is sealed with a rubber seal on each side. The bearing is a Single Row Radial Bearing; 20 mm ID x 47 mm OD x 14 mm Wide; Double Sealed, Non-Contact; C3 Clearance.

Extraction of the bearing and replacement is another issue. When you have accomplished the task please write it up and post it in the Files Section of the forum for the rest of us. Also, you could upload your photos to the Bow Thruster Service File in the Photos Section. I think they would useful to encourage everyone to annually service this area and take care of corrosion control.

So I am afraid no one has done this procedure, unless Gary or Bill did it.

Sincerely, Alexandre

PS: really enjoy the tour of your 54 !!!

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow Thruster Motor Bearing SM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 8:17 AM

Hello,

Has anyone dismounted/replaced the bearings on the electric
motor rotor of the Bow Thruster on SM? In particular, the
bottom bearing.

see pictures. The bottom bearing is partially removed, but
the remaining part seems stuck.

Asking on behalf of a friend on Super Maramu.

Thanks for your input

Thomas

GARULFO A54 #122

currently in Saint Martin