Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Black Smoke From Volvo Penta Engine Exhaust

jlm@jlmertz.fr

Are you sure that your turbo compressor is running well, on water can you run at 2800 t/mn ?

Jluc

CottonBay

Le 10/03/2018 à 20:29, pacificcool@... [amelyachtowners] a écrit :

Pacific Cool is currently in Guadeloupe and as I was picking up a mooring in Les Saints, a big cloud of black smoke gushed out of my exhaust.  I also noticed black particles floating on the water.  It lasted about 10-20 seconds and then everything seemed to return to normal.  I.E., water temp seemed normal and the oil pressure was a bit low but increased to 1.5 Bar when I increased the RPM.  I let it run for a few minutes and got into the engine room to loom and listen.  All seemed normal.  I need to get off the mooring tomorrow.

Does anyone know what might have happened?  I have a Volvo Penta 22 TMD which till this has run perfectly.  After being on the hard in Trinidad for 6 months ending on 05 Jan 2018 it started immediately.  I plan t have a mechanic check it when I get to Pointe-a-Pitre.

Regards,

Bill Shaproski

S/V Pacific Cool

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com