Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Autohelm housing

Ryan Meador

This thread has me wondering if my boat is abnormal.  My autopilot "house" is only held down by two thumb screws.  Removing it is a common occurrence, as it's where the wires for the chartplotter come up through the deck, and the chartplotter is removable; whenever I put it below, I undo the "house" and tuck the wires underneath to protect them.  Reverse the procedure the next time I want to sail.  Relocating it would mostly just be a case of moving the two screws, as long as you stay within reach of the wire conduit beneath.  Is this not the way every Super Maramu is?

Thanks,
Ryan
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 9:49 PM, sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks Bill.  I agree with your ergonomics note, but everything is a compromise!

Duane