Isolated ground on the Genset

eric freedman

I was doing some work on my MDKAV generator. I thought I would measure the isolated ground.

I put a voltmeter on the isolated ground solenoid case and the 12 volt + battery cable.

The voltmeter read 12 volts. I also clipped the lead on to the bonding strap that is bolted to the engine pan and the 12 volt + cable. I also read 12 volts on the voltmeter. My thinking is that there should not be a negative battery connection between the solenoid case (which is bolted to the engine) or the bonding strap.

Any explanation, ideas?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376