Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Introduction and Finding Furling Motor Parts (Amel 54)

Scott,

Welcome to the Group.

Bamar Contact:
Caterina Cammaroto [mailto:caterina"at"bamar.it

Other items needed:
Mainsail furling motor: replace carbon brushes, replace key on drive shaft - Amel SAV
Mainsail manual furling gear box: replace lip-seal  - Amel SAV
Staysail furler: replace belt and its driving gears Bamar - Caterina Cammaroto [mailto:caterina"at"bamar.it

Email me directly if you have other questions bill"at"AmelSchool.com.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 7:12 AM, cpp_berkeley <no_reply@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am the new owner of Tengah, an Amel 54 ( 2007 Hull#69) and wanted to introduce myself to the group. The camaraderie I've seen in this group is one of the reasons I went with an Amel!

Right now, she is near Gibraltar and we're moving aboard this week! The boatyard has been working on her for about a month now and we intend to spend about a month aboard before setting off with a delivery skipper towards Greece with the intent of cruising the Med for at least the next 5 months with the goal of doing a circumnavigation over the next few years. Needless to say we're pretty excited.

Right now we're going through Olivier's survey recommendations and the boatyard is having a bit of trouble locating certain parts. Here are the recommended repairs that we're having trouble locating the parts for:

Mainsail furling motor: replace carbon brushes, r eplace key on drive shaft

Mainsail manual furling gear box: replace lip-seal

Staysail furler: replace belt and its driving gears

Amel stated that they don't carry these parts in stock, either. Anyone with any tips on how to find these parts?

Thanks!

-Scott

SV Tengah

Amel 54, #69