Re: Airmar P79 Installation

greatketch@...

Duane,

On my boat there was paint there, but there were also repairs to the stringers, so the paint might not be original.

I sanded it flat before I glued down the P79.

I mounted mine to starboard of the thru-hull.  In the easiest to reach spot possible :)

Bill Kinney
Sm160, Harmonie
Moraine Cay, Abacos, Bahamas

---In amelyachtowners@..., <sailor63109@...> wrote :

I'm about to install the P79, and reading the instructions it says if there is paint grind it off.  I'd rather not if possible.

Does anyone know if it is paint or gelcoat?

If you installed one, did you grind to fiberglass first?

Where did you put it relative to the existing thru-hull?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts,

Duane

Wanderer, SM#477