Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] BOAT GRAPHICS - FLOTATION LINE COLOR

SM Red Line was simply the last Super Maramus trying out the 54 colors. The last 54s tried out the 55 colors.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Apr 2, 2018, 20:04 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi,

When Kimberlite was delivered to me the boot stripe was a light orange.

I had Amel outfit the entire electronics suite with Raymarine instruments.

I believe that is what the red line boats were all about—the deluxe package and Raymarine instruments.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 2:36 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] BOAT GRAPHICS - FLOTATION LINE COLOR

I think the line on the SM is a color that straddles the line between red and orange, so it's a bit of a matter of opinion.  Though maybe mine has faded.

If you go with a vinyl boat name (I would), be sure you get "high performance" vinyl.  I used a local sign shop for the name on my previous boat, and it lasted about 4 years with regular, outdoor-rated vinyl.  I had the same shop make lettering for my dinghy, and they used high performance vinyl because it would be subject to inflating/deflating.  It's still going strong after 7 years, most of that spent in the weather on davits.  I've since received the same advice from a family friend who runs a (different) sign shop -- the high performance stuff should last about 10 years, and isn't much more expensive.

Thanks,

Ryan

SM 233 Iteration

Boston, MA, USA

On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 2:02 PM, Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I thought the original waterline color on all Maramus was Orange???

Best,

On Sun, Apr 1, 2018 at 3:42 PM, alex.paquin@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello,

Again, in reference to the hull´s refurbishing project, I´d like to hear your thoughts on the following:

1. Should we paint the waterline with the traditional/original red stripe? we are going to use gelcoat to apply it. Should we consider any other color?

2 Boat name on the transom: until now I have used the original Amel plaque used in the 80´s for the boat´s name and port of registration, should we migrate to other type of system? Decals? Printed graphics? Who is a good supplier in the USA.

3. By law in Venezuela the boat´s name and registration number must be on the bow, both starboard and port.

Alex Paquin

s/v SIMPATICO

Older Maramu hull #94, 1981

--

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.