Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Oceanair Skyscreen

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Good morning Ian,

Sorry you never heard from the guy…

The only reference to the size is 1080.
Here is the original invoice:
http://www.nikimat.com/factures/2014_12_23_shopepal.jpg
That is for salon and forward cabin.

Therefore I think the newer model are slightly different (nicer) looking.

Sincerely, Alexandre

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Oceanair Skyscreen
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Monday, April 2, 2018, 6:21 PM

I am interested in these screens as well.
Alexandre, do you remember the sizes you installed? Here is
why I ask...
In October, we had the
Oceanair rep on board in Fort Lauderdale to do the measuring
for these screens and possibly the other portlight curtains.
Once he left we never heard from him again despite several
calls/emails.
Ian
TownsendS/V Loca Lola
II SM153
On Apr 2,
2018, at 7:00 PM, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@...
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
wrote:

Here it is Duane,

http://www.nikimat.com/hatches_screen_oceanair.html

Therefore when I had the rat coming, he (or she) was able to
open the hatch, so I had to use pin to secure it.

I think the rat would be able to chew through it, as it
later tried to shew through the little mosquitoes mesh of
the small hatches.

For info, I had MRE (military meal ready to eat onboard),
the rat even chew through the heavy duty plastic…

So in short, I doubt the Ocean Skyscreen will prevent rat
invasion.

To reply your 2nd question: Yes I like them, very practical
to open the mosquito mesh in order to close the hatches. I
never used the black out fabric.

Yes I attached them to the wood trim of the salon and
forward cabins, and to close the little gap, I put a little
auto adhesive rubber.

Hope that helps…

Sincerely, Alexandre

On Mon, 4/2/18, sailor63109@...
wrote:

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Oceanair Skyscreen

To: amelyachtowners@...

Date: Monday, April 2, 2018, 3:08 PM

I'm looking for anyone with

experience with the Oceanair Skyscreen on the

SuperMaramu?

As part of our

vermin-proofing of Wanderer (see previous post on Rats!),
we

want to put a screen on the ports and hatches that will
at

least make intrusion detectable without a making a
project

out of it (I have too many d@!!! projects

now!).

The Oceanair Skyscreen for

the overhead hatches (excluding the head) seems like a
good

choice.  If you did buy them:- do you

like them?- did you attach them to the

wood trim in the main and forward cabins, or did you
remove

these trim pieces so the Skyscreen flange was flat
agains

the headliner?

Does anyone have another

suggestion for the overhead hatches?