Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Airmar P79 Installation

islandpearl2_sm2k332

Hi Duane

We placed a P79 in the fwd cabin, right up front under the floor - off centre to the Stbd side as an extra backup (and/or early warning which travelling slowly fwd into shallower water as it is about 2m fwd of the one outside the front heads). It is normally switched off, as it makes a clicking noise in the front cabin when on.

Anyhow, to get to the point, we simply sanded the gelcoat a little to smoothen it off totally, not to remove any of it. The unit works perfectly like that.

Cheers

Colin - SV Island Pearl II
sm #332 Maldives, soon to head for Chagos

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 11:15 AM, sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill,

Thanks.  I would bet it is paint, why brush on gelcoat?  and then it has to come off.

Duane
Wanderer, SM#477

"Everything is harder on a boat" - Noah

--