Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: My first bow thruster service...

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Good morning Mike,

For your first time, you might want to look at this illustration:
http://www.nikimat.com/bow_thruster_overhaul.html

I purchase the neoprene seal from Amel, they were quite cheap 2.52 Euro each.
Note: on the illustration I actually forgot to picture putting back the neoprene seals on the bow thruster’s foot.
You should also change the Nylon screw at every service (2 years), also cheap 0.48 Euro each (need 6).
Always good to have a spare propeller, hub, stainless pin (if you loose the propeller, you might find it, but not the pin).
Here are some info:
http://www.nikimat.com/spare_parts_bow_thruster.html

Sincerely, Alexandre

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: My first bow thruster service...
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 6:44 PM

Hi Bill,
I'm also servicing my bow
thruster for the first time. Wondering how yours went and
whether you decided to use RTV everywhere?
I'm also trying to figure out
what the proper size is for the o-rings. Parts lists
I've seen show 78
x 3 mm and 40
x 2.5 mm. Are the 78 and 40 the inner or outer
diameters?
Also,
any advice on where to find the 10mm neoprene seals?
We're currently in the Fort Lauderdale area. Was
thinking of getting a 10mm sheet and cutting seals from
that.
Thanks,MikeSV
Trilogy SM#23