Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Autopilot chain

Niklas Glöggler

Thank you Bill

Skickat från min iPhone

7 apr. 2018 kl. 19:44 skrev greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

56 inches of chain would be enough for my installation.  That would give a little bit extra to be sure as Eric suggests.

Of course, that assumes your installation is exactly the same as mine.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Big Grand Cay, Abacos, Bahamas

---In amelyachtowners@..., <kimberlite@...> wrote :

Niklas,

You just buy a length of chain a little longer than you think you need and a master (removable link).

You then drape the chain over the sprockets and mark it to the length needed.

Remove the extra links and join the chain with a new master link.

I assume you already have a rotary autopilot. You can remove the master link and measure the chain.

If it is a new installation just order more chain than is needed and do as I have written above.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376