Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: St Martin

SV Perigee

Hi Porter,

Sorry - dropped by, but missed you.  Hope things are going well in Martinique.

Our standing rigging has arrived - finally.  If was made-up and shipped by ACMO in good time, but we opted to piggy-back our pallet into a container, that was scheduled for a good connection by sea-freight from Z-Spars in France to FKG here in SXM.  We saved a stack of money over air-freight (3 days), but somehow the container was delayed out of France by 4 weeks . . .

Anyway, after we finish here, we will be skipping down-chain, with the mandatory stop in AMEL HQ in MQ - for a little AMEL-specific spares & service, and maybe a rig-check.  Still pondering whether to service the Genoa Furler there.

Anyway, hope to catch up somewhere down the track.

Best,

David
Perigee, SM#396
Back in St Maarten, after Easter in St Baarths

On Thursday, 22 March 2018, 7:35, "Porter McRoberts portermcroberts@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

David!
Hello. We’re over in the IWW Marina. Provisioning and deciding on new sails.
Looks like you’re wearing out your Visa card!!
Went to FKG yesterday. Looks like a serious outfit!!

What wind gen are you thinking?

Please stop by if you’re  around.
We leave probably sat or Sunday for Martinique and a haulout Tuesday.

What are your Sailing plans after the refit?
Good to hear from you

Porter

Excuse the errors.
Sent from my IPhone

On Mar 21, 2018, at 4:01 PM, dbv_au@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Porter,

Where are you?  We are in anchored the lagoon, Dutch side, awaiting our standing rigging, which we are doing with FKG.  Plus a host of other projects kicking in while the masts will be off (wind gen on mizzen, VHF & AIS aerials,  N2K wind sensors, cabling, new A/P, and so on).

Cheers,

David
Perigee, SM#396