HI Jeff,

Correction: SPEEDWIND should read SUPERWIND.

Best Regards Teun

Apr 08, 2018   07:31:44

From: Teun BAAS [mailto:teunbaas@...]
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2018 7:16 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Cc: Thomas HOEHNE ; 'Gilles Watelot'
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Wind or Water generator

Hi Jeff,

I am going thru the same process right now and will have a SS arch welded for AMELIT as per the design received from Bill ROUSE. The selected welder is extremely busy so it will be done here in NOUMEA early July; 3 panels for arnd 850 watts (on paper).

I am now discussing having a reinforced post welded on the solar arch for a wind generator; have read (& seen on YouTube; SY-ZERO) very good things about the German SPEEDWIND; my impression is now reinforced by Danny’s experience with the SPEEDWIND.

Like you, I was not enthusiastic about messing up the profile of AMELIT but at the same time I need to be practical; I looked into a sliding system on the arch to keep a low profile (not higher than the booms) but allowing access to the dinghy and the swim platform. We decided against as ultimately the sliding mechanism will give problems and no longer be functional.

I also didn’t want to use the aft sun deck as I like to use that exactly for that purpose – that’s also why she has the sun matrasses; during passage I need to put the dinghy there.

Only thing I am still undecided is having the SPEEDWIND (there is a new 2018 model) on the solar arch or on the MIZZEN mast.

Looking forward to hearing your ultimate decisions.

Best Regards

Teun

AMELIT A54 #128

NOUMEA, NEW CALEDONIA