Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] RE: Rebuild genoa furler yes or no

SV Perigee

Thanks Eric, for the extra information.

With the masts coming off this week, I will do the stays _except_ the forestay, which I am happy to defer* until Martinique, and then do that and the service on the Genoa furler at the same time.

{* I think it is quite OK to defer, for the shor thop down to MQ, as the rig is not in 'need' of replacement due to any obvious deterioration or \ imminent failure.  I am being precautionary due to age - it is 15 yo original - and, of course, to also keep the folks over at the insurance company on-side should any rig-related misfortune later happen. }

Best,

David
Perigee SM#396
St Maarten (outside,
  Simpsons Bay)

On Saturday, 7 April 2018, 21:57, "'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

Sorry wrong subject

David,
I had the genoa furler serviced by Amel in Martinique in November.
The gears were fine however they replaced 5 bearings and 9 seals or the other way around. They also replaced the electrical wire. The cost was 1200- euros. However this was while Amel was changing my rigging.
The cost was about 10,000 euros.
You will have to pat the rigger to remove the headstay and the motor and then replace the grease in the foil and mount the motor again. I would strongly suggest you have this done. Removing the motor from the headstay is a serious project.
Fair Winds
Eric
Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376