Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Batteries [1 Attachment]

Den,

One more thing. I have seen what I think is this same battery under numerous brand names. I suspect the country of origin is China, but I cannot be sure. EFFEKTA is a manufacturer of uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) and I believe the main reason for this battery is as a component in their UPS. I am always wary of this kind of situation, but I also understand your issue with having to find batteries in Croatia. I had to find them in Montenegro. I had to buy starting batteries which had a much shorter life than deep cycle batteries. Although I could not find any information as to the type of battery, I believe it is AGM. I am sure that you know that you may have to change the charging parameters of your 220VAC battery chargers and your engine mounted 24VDC alternator.

From their website (earlier, I said Dutch): "EFFEKTA has been successfully working in the UPS market for over 22 years. Over the years, our company has come to epitomise reliability and quality and we are now one of the leading UPS manufacturers in Germany."

BTW, I urged my client to try to find something else.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 3:28 PM, Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from Bill Rouse included below]

Den,

I was just looking at these Dutch EFFEKTA batteries for a 54 client. Please review the following chart...the B12-120S is 171mm wide. The photo you posted is of the B12-120S.

It is true that the B12-120 is 177mm wide. Where did you get your width?

Also, Brochure attached directly to your email

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 2:54 PM, delborn@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I need to replace my batteries and have been offered a replacement in Croatia that is 175 wide whereas my present batteries are 170 wide. As I'm not on the boat I cannot check whether they will fit.

Could a 54 member, who is on their boat, please measure the available space for the 8 batteries fitted along the side of the boat. I don't think I would have a problem with the 4 next to the walk way.

Den and Julie

Aventura

54-113